30 Second Balance Tune-up
With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season upon us, taking a moment to pause and bring ourselves back into alignment can have immediate and lasting benefits.
So, care to join me for a 30-second tune-up? Great! Let’s do this.
Read through this short process before you begin:
- Find a place, space, and moment. Remember: this will only take 30 seconds.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose or mouth while thinking the word relax.
- Hold the breathe for 3 seconds.
- Exhale slowly through your mouth like you’re blowing on hot coffee (with lips pursed).
- As you are blowing out, drop your shoulders and focus your attention forward like you’re looking down a long hallway. Gently push your air all the way down the hallway. Visualize any stress, worries, or annoying thoughts going out of your mouth and down the hallway, rolling like tumbleweeds.
- Repeat this process at least 3 times. Each time add additional thoughts, problems, or worries to the airstream that’s moving out of you.
- That’s it!
Repeat this as needed for any reason, anytime, anyplace. Experience how something so simple as conscious breathing can help bring you closer to alignment and better balance during busy or stressful times.
Remember: better balance begins within you.
Relax and enjoy the happy holidays!
Michael Thomas Sunnarborg